top of page
  • aqualitymark


Arizona has something called a "Handyman Exemption." What does this mean to a homeowner? Generally, if labor and materials exceed $1,000 or a permit is required (regardless of the price of labor and materials), then a license is required. See Arizona Revised Statute 32‑1121, "Persons not required to be licensed; penalties; applicability” on the Arizona Registrar of Contractors website.

Otherwise, you could hire an unlicensed contractor to service your air conditioner or repair other items in your home or office. But should you? The fact is, as a licensed contractor in the State of Arizona we are held to the highest standards. We have to be bonded. In addition, we have to carry liability insurance and also protect our employees with workman compensation insurance. All of this adds to what we must charge our customers to stay in business.  

However, as a homeowner, if you hire a licensed contractor and something goes wrong, you have recourse to go after that contractor's license or bond. You can file a complaint with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors. If needed, they will send an inspector out to your home or office to verify your complaint. If the inspector or the ROC rules in your favor, they can charge the contractor back for the costs to fix or repair the issue, as needed!   

Hiring an unlicensed contractor limits your options. Don't get caught in this scenario! 

A-Quality Refrigeration Inc. is Licensed, Bonded and Insured!

A-Quality Refrigeration Inc. 



Mark DeMichele, Owner 

23 views0 comments


Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page